Saturday, March 15, 2008

In DeKalb, Bolton Has His "Road To Success". In Dallas, They Have Their "Road To Recovery".

The city of Dallas was forced to pay millions of dollars to command staff members Mr. Bolton improperly demoted after he was hired as police chief here in 1999; the 2001 fake-drug scandal, in which crooked narcotics detectives and their informants planted fake drugs on immigrants; the recycling of failed police academy recruits, some of whom had to be fired later for misconduct on the job; the allegations of cronyism after he promoted several of his close friends and allies to high-ranking command staff positions and allegations of “senior police officials” involvement in bribery involving strip club licenses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like the demoted command staff in Dallas had a set on took Bolton on. Of course our command staff have no balls at all!

Dawgs Win said...

Hey, my first entry on this site. I am not a cop and dont live in DeKalb, but I grew up there and graduated from high school there, as did my wife. I do have a position in state government that lets me have input on public safety policy and I try to use the vantage point of a street cop.

If we can make your lives easier and safer, thats my goal. I will be checking in regularly to read your bolgs and responses. I think this is a great way to get a true feel for what DeKalb and other cops are thinking.